2019-2021: GREAT ACHIEVEMENTS DESPITE THE PANDEMICS
The Abyss Cleanup project was launched in 2019. As soon as Abyss Cleanup was launched, it has reached the public’s interest as it focuses
on sensitive topics such as the pollution of the seabed, the possible techniques, and strategies to apply against it. The activities and official
filming of the web series/documentary, supported by the technical partners and sponsors, took place in the difficult and troubled 2020.
PHASE 1 of the project is expected to be completed in 2021, while PHASE 2 (Abyss Cleanup Mothership Mission) is scheduled for 2022.
- OPERATIONS AT SEA IN SICILY AND LIGURIA WITH PROFESSIONAL DIVERS AND FISHERMEN
- MORE THAN 500 Kg. OF MARINE LITTER REMOVED IN SICILY FROM -5 TO -22 METERS DEPTH
- TEST OF MARINE LITTER REMOVAL WITH THE ROBOT “SILVER” FROM -2 TO -15 METERS DEPTH
- EXPLORATION AND REPORTAGE OF THE “CAR-SITE” IN VARAZZE (ITALY) WITH ROV -60M METERS DEPTH
- ONLINE SEMINARS & DISSEMINATION ABOUT THE MARINE LITTER PROBLEM WITH SCHOOLS, ONLINE MAGAZINES, TV, PRESS
- VIDEO REPORTAGE OF ALL THE ACTIVITIES